3DAXS is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is always interested in qualified individuals with experience and aspirations in a wide variety of disciplines including: engineering, operations, business development, marketing, and product development. Please submit your resume if you have the skills and expertise for a fast moving career in power products, power technologies, additive manufacturing, or industrial equipment. Submit your resume in confidence via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
In this key management role you will contribute to 3DAXS growth and profitability by developing relationships and opportunities through existing and new direct customers. The position will focus on building out new business within the DOD and federal government communities. In this relationship management role, the main function is to generate and close sales of 3DAXS products and services.
- Grow government and military sales of 3DAXS products and services with responsibility for business development within federal government and Department of Defense.
- Develop and recommend a comprehensive sales plan regarding area growth, market share, and key target accounts. Develops sales forecasts based on government focused sales strategy.
- Meet with key industry partners building senior level relationships that can be used to target new business.
- Provide opportunity identification and assessment: lead opportunity reviews and decision steps that consist of: identification; qualification; opportunity development; and bid/no bid.
- Identify prospective opportunities using relationships with existing federal or defense customers, market assessment, industry sources, partners, and customers.
- Qualify prospective opportunities by evaluating past performance, competition, relationships, and incumbents.
- Develop opportunities by positioning with the customer, assembling an approach and team, identifying customer hot buttons, defining the elements to win, and identifying key personnel.
- Position 3DAXS capabilities with new prospective customer through frequent customer meetings and targeted messaging.
- Manage sales pipe line and reporting through sales reporting and tracking tool. Forecast monthly sales/revenue and report monthly sales results and proof of sales through sales reporting tools.
- Lead generation, both from the existing customer base and new prospects; including activities generated by cold-calls, ideas and intelligence from projects, running sales campaigns, and conference attendance.
- Develop sales proposals and lead business negotiations.
- Maintain accurate sales pipeline, forecast and opportunity updates via our CRM system.
- Effectively manage pipeline funnel to sufficiently attain quota objectives.
- Manage customers though the customer engagement lifecycle i.e., discovery phase, decision phase, execution phase, and continuous business improvement phase.
- Gather market information that will contribute to marketing strategies and plan.
5 to 7 years of experience in government sales or federal business development
- 5 years of successfully winning project and service contracts
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, Marketing, or related discipline.
- Knowledge of federal government and contracting processes
- Functional and organizational knowledge of DOD with experience working within Washington DC area
- Understanding of sales process and business development experience with federal government.
- Track-record of identifying, qualifying and winning project engagements with government entities.
- Familiar with medium to large-scale requirements type contracts.
- Track-record of working with prime contractors is highly desired.
- Adaptable to the changing Federal procurement landscape.