3DAXS is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is always interested in qualified individuals with experience and aspirations in a wide variety of disciplines including: engineering, operations, business development, marketing, and product development. Please submit your resume if you have the skills and expertise for a fast moving career in power products, power technologies, additive manufacturing, or industrial equipment. Submit your resume in confidence via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are seeking a Military & Defense VP Business Development to manage and expand our footprint in the Aerospace, Medical Device, Military & Defense sector, with the intent of growing new business for the company. The candidate should have prior experience selling capital equipment and/or other manufactured products, in addition to understanding Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR). The ideal candidate is familiar with the revised Federal Government Business Opportunity Structure recently combining multiple agencies, including FedBizOpps under one umbrella. The candidate should have an aptitude for understanding basic technology content and translating into marketing content.
This is a high-level business development position that will represent the company to “C” and “VP” level management and senior directors whom are decision makers and influencers for manufacturing and operational processes and technologies. This person will create and/or develop relationships with such companies in a manner that positions 3DAXS as the thought leader in next generation manufacturing techniques. With success, these companies will rely upon 3DAXS as their trusted partner and solution for advanced manufacturing opportunities leveraging 3D metal additive manufacturing, thus turning toward 3DAXS for their manufacturing technology needs.
Compensation based upon experience, including base salary, bonus potential, and equity opportunity.
- Research and develop strategic market and customer relationships.
- Pursue formal purchase agreements (LOI’s, Purchase Contracts, Blanket Orders, etc.) from which long-term business can be transacted.
- Manage Federal Business opportunities websites in both the USA and Canada (example: FedBizOpps.gov) identifying emerging new business opportunities.
- Submit proposals and address related FAR requirements for new business opportunities.
- Network through the various government small business agencies to expand our business footprint using their resources to help grow the company’s business.
- Network into each government facility, both military & civilian, positioning the company’s products to be recommended during the early stage process such that new business. procurement opportunities are based on the company’s system specifications.
- Manage business opportunities through the company’s CRM sales system providing a weekly-to-monthly forecast of new business opportunities.
Required Experience and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s Degree is required. Master’s Degree is preferred.
- 7 – 10 years of 3D laser printing industry experience or similar.
- 5+ years of outside sales experience working with Government focused Suppliers
- Direct experience in 3D Additive Manufacturing Business
- Experience selling capital equipment and/or other manufactured products for a major national and international manufacturer.
- Understanding of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
- Experience with GSA & DLA procurement vehicles: MAS, eMALL, TLS, eBuy, etc.
- Experience as a Supervisor or Manager
- Experience with CRM platforms
- Strong knowledge of client relations, account management, and distribution channels.
- Thorough understanding of business conditions across products, customers, and divisions.
- The candidate must have a cold-call to contract mentality, with the ability to demonstrate a track record of success.
- Exceptional presentation skills with the ability to present to all organization levels
- Ability to work with customer and internal team members to estimate services needs
- Ability to understand and effectively communicate the benefits of an on-demand/web services architecture
- Proven ability in managing complex sales cycles from start to finish with a track record of successful revenue attainment
- Familiarity with consultative selling methodologies
- Experience with Excel, Word and PowerPoint as well as using Sugar CRM applications
- Ability to travel 50 to 75% to customer and workday locations for effective relationship development
- Prior Military Service is highly preferred with honorable discharge
- Experience working with DoD branch program offices
- Experience working with Military Exchanges
- Experience working with Industrial Distributors in Government channel
- Experience working with Aerospace/Aeronautics focused sales