3DAXS is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is always interested in qualified individuals with experience and aspirations in a wide variety of disciplines including: engineering, operations, business development, marketing, and product development. Please submit your resume if you have the skills and expertise for a fast moving career in power products, power technologies, additive manufacturing, or industrial equipment. Submit your resume in confidence via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are seeking a Military & Defense Regional Sales Manager/VP Sales and Government Relationship to manage and expand our footprint in the Military & Defense sector, with the intent of growing new business for the company. The candidate should have prior experience selling capital equipment and/or other manufactured products, in addition to understanding Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR). The ideal candidate is familiar with the revised Federal Government Business Opportunity Structure recently combining multiple agencies, including FedBizOpps, under one umbrella. The candidate should have the first hand experience in high- technology capital equipment/services sales to defense, military and other government markets.
- Sell company products to the Federal Buyers.
- Manage Federal Business opportunities websites in both the USA and Canada (example: FedBizOpps.gov) identifying emerging new business opportunities.
- Submit proposals and address related FAR requirements for new business opportunities.
- Network through the various government small business agencies to expand our business footprint using their resources to help grow the company’s business.
- Network into each government facility, both military & civilian, positioning the company’s products to be recommended during the early stage process such that new business procurement opportunities are based on the company’s system specifications.
- Manage business opportunities through the company’s CRM sales system providing a weekly-to-monthly forecast of new business opportunities.
Skills & Requirements:
- Exceptional presentation skills with the ability to present to all organization levels
- Ability to work with customer and internal team members to estimate services needs
- Ability to understand and effectively communicate the benefits of an on-demand/web services architecture
- Proven ability in managing complex sales cycles from start to finish with a track record of successful revenue attainment
- Familiarity with consultative selling methodologies
- Experience with Excel, Word and PowerPoint as well as using Sugar CRM applications preferred
- Ability to travel 50% to 75% to customer and workday locations for effective relationship development
Required Experience and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s Degree is required. Master’s Degree is preferred.
- 5+ years of Government sales experience.
- Experience selling capital equipment and/or other manufactured products.
- Understanding of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR).
- Experience with GSA & DLA procurement vehicles: MAS, eMALL, TLS, eBuy, etc.
- Experience as a Supervisor or Manager.
- Experience with CRM platforms.
- Strong knowledge of client relations, account management, and distribution channels.
- Thorough understanding of business conditions across products, customers, and divisions.
- The candidate must have a cold-call to contract mentality, with the ability to demonstrate a track record of success.
- Prior Military Service is highly preferred with honorable discharge.
- Experience working with DoD branch program offices.
- Experience working with Military Exchanges.
- Experience working with Industrial Distributors in Government channel.
- Experience working with Aerospace/Aeronautics focused sales.